The Breen War (TBW) acknowledges that all of the following are trademarks of Paramount Pictures or affiliated company (heretofore referred to as Paramount Affiliates):
- Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Enterprise, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: The Search for Spock, Star Trek: The Voyage Home, Star Trek: The Final Frontier, Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis (collectively defined as "Star Trek works").
- All names, titles, and registry marks seen on the various Star Trek series.
- All other qualifying marks, words, or logos seen on the various Star Trek series.
TBW offers no suggestion that the work presented on this web page is "official" or produced or sanctioned by the owner of the aforementioned trademarks. In order to comply with United States Trademark Law, all materials produced by TBW will identify themselves as unofficial fan works. TBW will take all steps necessary to ensure that any usage of trademarked items in no way confuses the audience of this site as to its origin.
TBW acknowledges that all of the following are copyrighted works of Paramount Affiliates:
- All video that is a part of any of the Star Trek works.
- All promotional pictures produced for any of the Star Trek works.
- All promotional videos produced for any of the Star Trek works.
- All other works produced while a salaried employee or contracting for a production which is a part of the collective Star Trek works.
TBW submits that the following are not copyrighted works:
- Factual data, including the names, ages, likenesses, and other vital data of actors who have appeared in Star Trek.
- Information about the production of the Star Trek series.
- The general configuration, or look-and-feel of any of the Star Trek works, so long as any original work of TBW cannot be considered a derivative work of a work copyrighted by Paramount Pictures.
TBW will make every effort to comply with United States Copyright law, and will only use copyrighted works if TBW believes that such use is excepted from prohibition by the Fair Use clause of United States Copyright Law.
Works created by TBW are more likely to qualify for Fair Use exemptions that works than the typical work.
First, TBW work for no profit. In fact, members of TBW take a loss for the production of its works, and no money is charged or received by TBW for any service or product.
Second, the amount of the work used by TBW is always extremely limited. Sometimes, a still image from an episode may be used (one of tens of thousands of images in the entire work), or a small part of a given image may be used.
Third, TBW does not intend, nor believe it to be likely for the usage of copyrighted materials as part of TBW's works to cause a decline in the potential market for the work. In fact, TBW's productions will likely cause an increase in interest for the properties of Paramount Affiliates, as the audience for TBW's works will only be persons who already have an intense interest in the works of Paramount Affiliates.
In addition, there are compelling reasons why each individual work that is used by TBW would be covered under that Fair Use exemption of United States Copyright Law. However, TBW will make every effort to limit use of the Star Trek works, even when covered under the Fair Use Exemption, and will favor original works of TBW for use when possible.
Belief of infringement
TBW requests that in the case that the owner or owners of a copyrighted work feel that their work is being illegally infringed upon, they provide a full list of all items which they believe are infringing, along with the reasoning behind the belief that those items are infringing to:
The Breen War
c/o Sean Motto
7720 O'Connor Dr.
Round Rock, TX 78681
In addition, please provide the name of a person, along with their mailing address and email address if possible, for a reply or follow-up letters.
Properties of The Breen War
The Breen War logo, as well as the Star Trek: The Breen War logo, are trademarks of TBW. However, TBW does not submit nor imply that the usage of Star Trek implies that the Breen War project is a part of the official Star Trek works.
All images, text, and other works presented on this web page are Copyrights of The Breen War. All original names, logos, and marks are trademarks of TBW.
No work of TBW, unless so specifically stated, is a derivative work of any copyrighted work. All works owned by TBW are original works of members of TBW, or works of which exclusive rights have been granted to TBW.
If any person wishes to reproduce or otherwise utilize a right reserved to copyright owners by law any copyrighted work of TBW, explicit written permission is required. The only exception is the Fair Use exemption, which is described in Sec. 107 of Title 17 of the U.S. Code. The Executive Producer of TBW will be glad to answer any inquiries on Fair Use of TBW owned materials if you write to him at email@example.com.
The Breen War Defined
Members of TBW are defined as unique persons who have access to the Star Trek: Breen War Development Forum. Permission to join TBW will be granted by a consensus of the Executive Staff.
All decisions made by TBW are made by consensus of the entire staff. The Executive Producer, or in the absence of an Executive Producer, the highest ranking member of the Executive Staff, can override any decision made by the staff of TBW. In the absence of an Executive Staff, the existing staff will appoint members of the Executive Staff by consensus.